MerriTwitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, June 09, 2012

    The Mechanics of Being Popular

    You probably can't read my badge but it is labelled "SPEAKER". Speaker Yep, I was invited once again to speak at Popular Mechanics Home Safety Show on my experiences preparing my neighbors for hurricane's Rita and Ike. It had doubled in size this year and also spread to New Orleans and Arkansas. However, I only spoke at the Houston show. This year the biggest-name speaker was Mykel Hawke, star of assorted survival shows. I didn't get to hear his presentation but I did get to talk with him afterwards. He's an amazingly wonderful, nice, giving fellow. I was expecting him to be kind of stuck up/Hollywoodish but the man blew me away with his kindness. Sersiously, this guy rocks! MeandHawke The people I really wanted to see were Dr. Bones and Nurse Amy of Doom and Bloom. They have some of the best emergency/preparedness medical advice on the web. DoomandBloom There were all sorts of rescue vehicles on site for people to crawl over, through, and even under. As usual, I liked the boats best. Boat2 Boat Misseswether on a boat! MissesAboard A long day finally over. Entrance It was a good show and next year's should be even bigger. Hopefully I'll get to talk again. If I do I'll be sure to give my camera to someone so there will be pictures! Adventure! Excitement! Gobs of Free Swag!

    1 comment:

    Obat Sesak Nafas said...

    awesome adventure, I was fascinated to see all the photos Ace Maxs Asli Original | Obat Benjolan Di Ketiak